- The Support Terms and Conditions (hereinafter the „Terms and Conditions“) form an integral part of the Terms of Service accepted by the User when ordering the Service.
- The Terms and Conditions describe the scope of support for MyDataKnox Services in order to define what is supported by MyDataknox and what are the responsibilities of the User and/or third party.
- During the term of the Service lease, MyDataKnox agrees to provide the User with free customer support regarding problems with the operation of the Services caused by server errors to which the leased Services relates.
- MyDataKnox regular support is included in all Services. MyDataKnox does not charge for answering technical queries and/or phone calls to support, but expects the User to comply with these Terms and Conditions when sending a query.
- MyDataKnox shall make every effort to respond to all queries as soon as possible, and shall undertake to respond to all queries within a maximum of 24 hours from receiving the query.
- The User agrees that the speed of solving the User’s queries depends on the completeness of information provided by the User to MyDataknox when sending the support query.
- MyDataKnox limits the technical support to problems related to the proper provision of the Services and does not cover support related to programs and/or applications developed or installed by the User when using the Service.
- MyDataKnox does not offer support for specific application-related issues such as website programing, design and development, unless otherwise agreed between the User and MyDataknox.
- The User undertakes to provide support to his/her clients for the Services provided for third party or for the User’s clients.
- Any additional activity that does not belong to the regular, i.e. general activities of MyDataKnox support described below, shall be charged HRK 200 per hour, i.e. in the foreign currency equivalent. The price does not include VAT. The unit of account is 30 minutes.
Examples of activities beyond normal support are: problems with web applications, installation and/or setup of scripts, etc.
2. REGULAR SUPPORT – WEB HOSTING; RESELLER HOSTING
- Regular support for web hosting and reseller hosting Services includes the following:
- actively monitoring and ensuring the operation of the system
- ensuring network availability
- security concerns (antivirus, ModSecurity and supporting tools used by MyDataKnox)
- free transfer of account from another hosting provider when initially leasing the Service (cPanel to cPanel)
- help and solving problems with the services/troubleshoots included in the web hosting Service:
- mail server
- Apache server
- MySQL / MariaDB databases
- User’s responsibilities:
The user is expected to have a basic understanding of internet terms such as DNS, email and FTP
- DATA BACKUP
The User is responsible for the backup of the data, unless the backup by MyDataknox is included in the Service or otherwise agreed with the User
- DNS SETTINGS
The User is responsible for managing DNS zones for the domains he/she owns. If the domain is leased from MyDataknox, the domain management support is included.
- E-MAIL SETTINGS
The User is expected to know the basics of client’s e-mail configuration. MyDataKnox Support may assist the User with the most basic settings of an e-mail account, but shall not enter into special configuration issues of the User for the purposes for which the User has purchased the Service, such as spam filtering.
- FTP SETTINGS
The User is expected to use the secure FTP format to connect to our servers, such as FTPES (FTP Explicit over SSL) or sFTP (Secure FTP) following the detailed instructions available in the details of the FTP account in cPanel, and MyDataKnox shall not be responsible for damages that may result from using another form of connection that does not provide the same level of security.
- SCRIPTS AND APPLICATIONS
The user is fully responsible for the installation and operation of all scripts and applications within the hosting account. MyDataKnox is not responsible for troubleshooting and providing any support related to defective scripts and applications, unless otherwise agreed with the User or if the support staff decides to provide support on that matter. If the support staff chooses to provide support on that particular matter, the User shall not be eligible for support on other such cases. The User is responsible to update the scripts and the web applications in order to avoid operating problems and to maintain the security of scripts or applications. Regular maintenance of scripts and applications is a policy that the User must strictly adhere to.
- Special provision for reseller hosting Service:
- Service Users are responsible for supporting their clients. MyDataKnox does not provide support for reseller Services to the Users’ clients.
- All support requests must be made by the User.
- The User assumes all billing and technical support responsibilities for his/her clients
3. REGULAR SUPPORT – VIRTUAL SERVERS; DEDICATED SERVERS
- The regular support for virtual and dedicated servers includes the following:
- actively monitoring and ensuring the operation of the system;
- ensuring network availability;
- help and solving problems in the following cases:
- problems with the operation of the server that are not caused by the User;
- connection problems not caused by User’s activities;
- problems with connecting to the server (Remote Desktop, SSH, VNC);
- User’s responsibilities:
The user is expected to have a basic understanding of virtual/dedicated servers, which includes connection to the server, setting up and using the server.
- SETUP, SERVER OPERATION AND SECURITY
The User is responsible to set up the server according to his/her needs.
The User undertakes to ensure the stable operation of the server.
The User undertakes to take care of the security of the server – from accessing the server to securing the server from malicious scripts and/or applications.
- DNS SETTINGS
The User is responsible for managing DNS zones and setting up the DNS server on virtual/dedicated server.
- APPLICATIONS AND OPERATING SYSTEM
The user is fully responsible for installation and operation of all applications within the virtual/dedicated server. MyDataKnox is not responsible for troubleshooting and providing any support related to defective applications, unless otherwise agreed with the User or if the support staff decide to provide support on that matter. If the support staff chooses to provide support on that particular matter, the User shall not be eligible for support on other such cases.
The User is responsible to update the operating system and to apply updates.
MyDataKnox is not responsible for operating problems caused by the failure to maintain the operating system and the applications.
4. REGULAR SUPPORT – OTHER MYDATAKNOX SERVICES
- The regular support for services not included in items 2-3 hereof covers the following:
- ensuring the stable operation of the Service
- help with the Service configuration
- help and troubleshoot in the event of operational problems not caused by the User
5. PREMIUM SUPPORT – GENERAL
- Premium support is available for the following MyDataknox Services:
- virtual servers
- dedicated servers
- Premium support includes the same as the regular support with the additional services listed in Article 6 hereof
- The price of Premium support is HRK 300 per month, excluding VAT, i.e. in the selected currency equivalent.
- The included MyDataKnox support running time in the Premium package is 3 hours per month with an account of unit of 30 minutes.
- If the included time is exceeded, the provisions of Art. 1 paragraph 10 shall apply.
- The unused time cannot be transfered to the following month.
6. PREMIUM SUPPORT – COVERAGE
- Premium support includes the following:
- physical hardware management, monitoring and replacement;
- ensuring network availability;
- free installation of cPanel or CentosWebPanel control panel (hereinafter referred to as Panel) during initial server configuration;
- optimisation of the operating system during initial server configuration;
- free editing of the initial security;
- free transfer of initial accounts from a remote system with the same control panel, when initially setting up the server;
- managing all aspects of the operating system, help with and troubleshooting all operating system issues and standard control panel components;
- MyDataKnox support, with the best intentions and capabilities, for third-party applications that do not affect the operability of the Panel or the operating system;
- providing support through a remote system is not supported;
- The premium support includes the following activities for the support of cPanel / WHM / CentosWebPanel (CWP) and said servises independently, unless otherwise determined in addition to the service:
- panel’s initial installation;
- initial optimisation;
- version upgrade;
- repair and troubleshoot;
- solving tasks of automatic updating and/or backup;
- support for maildir or mbox mail formate;
- intallation/upgrade/reinstallation of SpamAssassina;
- intallation/upgrade/reinstallation of ClamAV antivirus;
- troubleshooting mail delivery problems (troubleshoot issues caused by scanning and filtering emails from third-party programs is not supported);
- troubleshooting problems with standard webmail clients;
- recompiling the Apache web server;
- LiteSpeed installation and configuration;
- PHP upgrade or recompilation with additional options and/or modules directly supported by Panel;
- multiPHP/PHP Selector delivered with Panel;
- modification of PHP configuration;
- troubleshooting and repairing the installation and/or configuration of Apache and LiteSpeed servers/PHP (manual customisation of Apache configuration or modules outside the Panel is not supported);
- Nginx support is limited to cPanel/CWP, results are not guaranteed. If an alternative to Apache is needed, we recommend LiteSpeed.
- MySQL / MariaDB:
- installation of MySQL/MariaDB server;
- upgrade to a newer version;
- repair of MySQL/MariaDB installation;
- optimisation of MySQL/MariaDB databases;
- troubleshooting problems with launching or connecting to MySQL/MariaDB;
- restoring MySQL/MariaDB to an earlier version is not supported;
- repair/reinstallation of BIND server (named);
- help and troubleshooting with BIND configuration;
- upgrade/reinstallation of FTP server;
- troubleshooting with configuration of FTP service